Saturday 16 June 2012

The Nail File: Floral Nails

the nail file
I am no nail technician, but i do like to try and be creative with my nails. You will have to excuse my dodgey photography, I only had one hand to take the photo :) 





This is a step by step to create the floral print on your nails.

You will need:


* 4 nail colours -
Background Colour of your choice
Flower Colour of your choice
White
Green / I used black instead.

* Toothpicks

Step 1

With your chosen background colour, here i used Barry M Nail Paint in Turquoise. Paint your nail in 2 coats.



Step 2

Once dried, with the colour you have decided for the flowers, im using Barry M nail paint in pink flamingo, i wanted to create a vibrant effect. Paint small dots by dabbing the brush lightly, so you get a polka dot effect.



Step 3

Now dip the toothpick into the white, I used White On White by Revlon. I find it easier taking the polish from the brush onto the toothpick. Do little swirls on the inside of your dots. I did this while the pink was still wet. Now they should resemble more like a flower.



Step 4

Finally using the black, if you got green, perfect. I used Black Pearl by Rimmel. Dip the tip of the toothpick into it and this time on the outside of the flower do a small blob either side to make it look like the leaves.




You can do this design for all your nails, but i prefer to have this on one nail, if i had a white nail pen i would have added some polkadots inbetween the flowers.

Have Fun With It!!!






2 comments:

  1. Oh i loved the last one, how can you do that i can't even do the normal thing hehe.. i follow your blog now :) kiss

    http://annasmirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Awesome. Great looking. The color is very great looking. I like this so much.

    ReplyDelete